Toot toot Beep beep!

When it comes to self accomplishments why can't we toot our own horn?

It's OK, really!  You work hard everyday. You know it. Some people need that reinforcement from others to acknowledge triumphs and others don't to keep them motivated.  But I feel that it's the self "tooting" that is the most motivational.

You know when you achieve something, even the smallest thing, so why is it hard to celebrate?  We shrug off those little things and think it's the bigger things that mean the most, but I am hear to say that it's the little things PEOPLE.  Yes, the little things!

So the next time you are on your mat with me and touch your toes for the first time in Happy Baby; its time to celebrate. Ok -- no need to jump up and celebrate right there, but feel free to tell me after class and we will celebrate together. I know the yoga is working when I see the little things and it's just a matter of time before a much BIGGER impact starts to evolve in YOU! How exciting is that?

Did you now I mentally evaluate each student I teach?  Yep, your first class with me I make a mental inventory so I can celebrate with you when I see these little things happen.  "Hey Yoga Yolanda, I see that you are getting deeper in XYZ pose. That's amazing and I love seeing your progress. Have you noticed a difference in your body?"  I'm not just blowing smoke about your asana!

I am here to celebrate the little things with you! Keep stepping on your mat with me. Your rewards in yoga are why I am passionate about what I do.

Diane