R U Breaking Up With Me?

Have you ever had a relationship that needed to break-up?  I'm not talking about people, but things!  It could be bad habits, hectic lifestyle, stressful work or an unorganized life, You know exactly what I mean.  So how do you know when it's time to make that break?  These habits will not break themselves.  It's not like a relationship where two human have other opinions and can call it quits.  It's all about you in this one!

Think about something that you'd like to break away from in your life.  What is stressing about it? Could it be changed even a bit to make things better?  How long will you have a relationship with this "bad creature" until you reach a breaking point that become unhealthy for your mind and body?

Let's break the habit.  Today I encourage you to write down your "bad creature" and then 3-5 steps you could take to break up starting now and a timeframe to accomplish your goal.

Mine is like this:

Eating Treats (I heart chocolate)

1). Don't buy any new treats at the store. I mean it!
2). Toss away old treats that are tempting. Don't eat one last treat while walking to the trash can.
3). Each time I crave something sweet I will drink a glass of water. Boy, will I be hydrated!
4). Write down each time I am tempted daily for 7 days. Will it decrease?
5). Celebrate with one treat, OMG, I am totally joking.  OK, for real - Celebrate at the end of 7 days with a non "bad creature" reward. Perhaps new yoga pants or a Starbucks Tea!

R U Breaking Up With Me?  YES I AM!