Why now? Why tonight, Why me?


I was on the edge

My life was in roller coaster mode and I didn't know how to make it stop.  It all was within my hands (and heart) to make a change. 

Work and home life were all falling apart simultaneously. I was so unfocused I didn't even know where to start and honestly no clue even how.

Sound familiar? I had to  use positive thinking and practicing yoga to pull me off that coaster on into a better space. At the time I had no idea that is what I was doing.  It was not purposeful, I can assure you that.
Here is one story on this journey:
I was in a group yoga class trying to take my mind off of all the clutter filling it up with work and my personal life.  I initially started yoga just for fun, then began to realize it was a stress release for me.  So here I am, big group class of yogi just wanting some release. I was SO looking forward to the end of practice for Corpse pose. There were times I wish I could just stay there and sleep on my yoga mat al night. 
"Just find a comfortable position, close your eyes and take in a deep breath", my favorite yoga teacher Leslie said to the class.  As I was there for not even a minute tears began to flow out of my eyes, down my cheeks and onto my mat.  I was CRYING! I knew why, certainly all the stress I was under, but never had this experience.  Why now? Why tonight, Why me? 
I gather up my things, took a long car ride home and knew that I needed to make changes in my life for that would make me happier in the long-term but would be  a tough pill to swallow in the short term. I just had no idea where to start.
Follow me on my journey that took me from THAT DAY to this present moment. I went from being on the edge ready to fall flat on my face, to facing the boldest, terrifying and courageous moments of my life.