As I look back I was doing some inner workings and pausing

The edge seemed so alone, so numb. At time I didn't even know I was on the edge of making decisions that would be developing my life into the now, the present.  I could not see what that looked like or how I would get out of the rut I was in.

"Keep your options open", my assistant manager said on one of the most difficult days personally in my life.  She was talking about the way the company was going (AKA The Unification) and the changes ahead that were unknown.  Great, just like my personal life - I thought. What does that even mean - keep your options open? Did she mean for new opportunities within the company or to start looking outside.  Who knew, but I did know that the words became an internal joke that merged into a reality for me.  I knew in order to move past my rut, no matter where that was occurring in my life, that I needed to have an end goal - an ultimate desire of what I'd love to happen - and move toward that space positively. And although that was one of the worst overall top 5 days in my life, it was a turning point for me.

I could not tackle both my personal and business life at the same time to make overall changes, but I knew I had to start on one. For me, I needed to first look inward and work on my personal relationships.

It was not easy and my roller coaster continued.  My best advise and what pulled me through on those dark days was positive future thinking and what I needed to do in the now to move forward. I had to believe that every single decision I was making no matter how huge, was for the better.  There were days when I was not even able to make decisions. On those days, I just was still, no movement or action, but deep thinking.

As I look back I was doing some inner workings and pausing my mind.  It was the time I needed before making the next big step.  It was like I was ripping off a bandage thinking the wound was healed to find it still needed time to dry. Despite me knowing that eventually my wound would be healed, even showing a minimal scar, I had to take the time.

So you see, what I was encountering was finding my true self.  Not what others wanted, but what I wanted. I was becoming more aware of me for the first time. I was pausing to witness what was happening before I acted on the next move.

I love this...


Watch your ‘Thoughts’, they become words.
Watch your ‘Words’, they become actions.
Watch your ‘Actions’, they become habits.
Watch your ‘Habits’, they become character.
Watch your ‘Character’, for it becomes your Destiny.

These are valuable ‘watch’ words for leading a meaningful life. Yoga fine-tunes your mind to a state of relaxed awareness, to live joyfully in the present moment.